1. About Michael
4. Sudbury Schools
7. Einige Gedanken zu "demokratischen Schulen"
9. Curriculum? Niemals!
1. Finally learned something… Blog retiring.
2. [Video/Music] Words of freedom, words of hope
3. [Video] Sudbury Jerusalem promo, now with English subtitles!
4. Democratic schools and social gaps
5. Back in the Middle East
6. What are the ingredients of democratic culture?
7. Thoughts about: the role of staff in Sudbury schools
8. Was der Deutsche nicht kennt / Ignorance and bris
9. Politics is not for everyone – even in a direct democracy
10. Moriel Rothman: “10 Things I Really Like About Living in Israel”
11. I now blog in Hebrew, too
12. [Videos] Invisible Learning and a Sudbury Jerusalem promo
13. State oppression and universalistic nationalism
14. Desmond Tutu calls for divestment; some thoughts
15. My “Tirade Against Exams”
16. Gideon Levy: “After 115 years, it’s time for Zionism to retire”
17. Thoughts about: knowledge, science, culture, and reality
18. Parents swap roles with kids, discover humiliation of parental attitude
19. Reading problems on Internet Explorer
20. Preparing to succeed
21. Ignore the young
22. Linguistics on Stack Exchange!
23. A modest proposal: debate arguments, not motives
24. [Video] The History of English in 10 Minutes
25. Three-quarters two
27. [Video/TED] Paddy Ashdown: The global power shift
28. What has to be said – and who has to say it
29. Sweden’s gender-neutral pronoun goes official
30. [Video] Quick Steve Jobs wisdom
31. Lenz on Learning: “What grades are good for”
32. Everything’s political
33. Chris Hedges: “Murder is not an Anomaly in War”
34. Read my thesis online
35. New blog discovered: the “because” charade
36. There’s a genocide going on in Syria?
37. See the good in video games: just like in books
38. Book Review: The Source, by James A. Michener (1965)
39. Word Thieves
40. Peter Gray on Video Games
41. Commenting restricted
42. Words cannot express this shame
43. Semi-electives: a university paradox
44. On self-definition and basic decency
45. Slides: my BA thesis analysis
46. Save Google Reader
47. Anti-Germans as anti-Semites
48. Solidarity: for all or none at all; Colonialism: still here
49. Having problems posting comments?
50. Guest post: Our immoral economies (Bjarne Braunschweig)
51. [Video/TED] Annals of the Robot Internet: Eli Pariser on Facebook and Google
52. On systemic problems (a response to Mattan)
53. Guest post: Give freedom a chance (Mattan Mamane)
54. Thoughts about: reality as a function of belief
55. Some more thoughts on exclusion, BDS and the housing protests
56. A response to Max Blumenthal: Social justice for all, even settlers, is a good start
57. Links: Harry Potter and Terrorism, Apes and Englishes, and more
58. Disqus… Soon.
59. Money, politics, and the ideologies I’ve gone through
60. Give democracy time, and it will deliver
61. Will work for money
62. From the Iron Wall to the Wall of Fear (by Shalom Boguslavsky)
63. Fear and tear gas in Nabi Saleh
64. Tales of sun and cloud cover
66. The wonderful world of Guy Bechor
67. Taking our network to a new level
68. Not funny. Gaza again.
69. In Israel, denial isn’t a river
70. The occupation defiles the Holy Land
71. Burning racism: Eden Abergil, at it again
72. Settlement construction as counter-attack?
73. What should our protest achieve?
74. Internet in the meeting room
75. At EUDEC Council Meeting
76. [Video] Elizabeth Lesser: Take “the Other” to lunch
77. BDS: Second thoughts? (Short)
78. Israel and the Enlightenment
79. My very first political hate mail!
80. Israelis: Consider supporting BDS
81. The stranger in the locker room
82. Hopeful for Egypt, scared of the future
83. [Comic] SMBC: Children and Adults
84. Pogroms– err, hiking!
85. Steven G. Brant on Design Thinking and education
86. What I learned about the Internet in Spanish class
87. Annals of the robot Internet: Michael Sappir, Hamas copywriter
88. The Passive in English
89. Interesting times…
90. [Video] The Democratic School in Roskilde, Denmark
91. Extra-curricular activities…
92. Sharing links
93. …and five hundred reasons for pessimism
94. A tad of Israel optimism
95. Do unto others
96. E-mail subscriptions actually possible now
97. And then it hit me
98. Democracy with a catch
99. The Delegitimizers
100. Addicted to insecurity
101. Happy New Year!
102. Not one to comment
103. My German Manicure
104. Hobby and Career, Academia and Activism
105. Peter Gray on empathy and the power of age-mixing
106. Connection and Ideas
107. A rant about degree requirements
108. [Video] Trailer: Schooling the World
109. Sababa shel hummus – The National Language Fallacy
110. Beware: Adult Content (guest post)
111. Israel's dying democracy
112. Mondoweiss: "Palestinian children betrayed by aid agencies"
113. Problems with authority
114. NYT on Study Habits: three comments
115. The dangers of state-controlled education
116. Only autonomy prepares you for autonomy
117. Some thoughts about "democratic schools"
118. EUDEC General Meeting 2010 Report
119. More on Boredom
120. Doing It Wrong: "Only Israel"
121. A Tirade Against Exams
122. An Ode to Open Schedule
123. [Video] Democratic Schools: Where are they Heading?
124. No Curriculum, Ever
125. Contra Hecht: A Likelier Success Story for Israeli Democratic Education
126. Conversation and happiness
127. Wired on Google’s Algorithm
128. Privileged? Yeah.
129. [Video/TED] Philip K. Howard: Four ways to fix a broken legal system
130. Why Grammar?
131. Frequently Asked Questions?
132. Lisa Lyons: What I've Learned at Sudbury Schools (a staff retirement letter)
133. On addictive games (Kids Don't "Need Structure", Part 4)
134. Kids don't "need structure", part 3
135. Blog on hiatus until mid-July
136. Kids don't "need structure", part 2
137. Kids don't "need structure"
138. After seven years, Sudbury Jerusalem receives government recognition
139. Peter Gray: Social Play and the Genesis of Democracy
140. Democracy, Part 2: Structure
141. Democracy, Part 1: Elements
142. Professor: "Grades poison the educational environment"
143. The Importance of Being Bored
144. Study: Video games are attractive because of sense of achievement – not violence
145. Open Rights Group: How copyright extension actually works
146. A war that cannot be won
147. Economic collapse good for educational innovation?
148. Two more links about the war
149. Israelis – consider signing this petition
150. New blog discovered!
151. The Thing about Gaza